Mid-Priced Spotting Scope

OK Guys,

I need a little help!

After spending thousands on a rifle/scope combo and the associated paraphenalia, I need a good spotting scope, but one that doesn't kill me price wise.

I would like a scope in the $200-300 range, but understand I may need to spend more.

So...How about recommendations in that range, then the $300-500 range, with best bets on where to buy them.

OK, the first question to you - what magnification do you need? I would say there are 3 major magnification range spotting scopes: low - approx. 15x-30x; medium - up to 50x; high - over 50x.
Another question - do you want straight eyepiece or angled?
The straight thru spotting scopes are better when moving and angled spotting scopes are better when sharing the view with others of different heights.
If you ask me - I would recommed Alpen or Vortex - high quality, reasonable price and lifetime warranty.
Also take a look at unique Yukon 6-100x100 spotting scope with 100mm lens that provides magnifications ranging from 6x to 100x.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.