Mid late season NEW COYOTE RIFLE

257WTBY

Well season here is about over and about a month ago i got my new to me coyote gun going. Want to hear the cool part I bought both the gun and scope off here in the classifieds and could not be happier. I bought a Tikka T3 Scout rifle in .223 and a Burris 6X24X44 and it shoots lights out. I did not work up a load for it I was shooting factory hornady 55gr ballistic tips and it shot under 1 in groups with that ammo. I have shot about 17 coyotes with it since i got it going. My longest with it was 374 yds. Here is the only problem i have my coyote hunting partner (13yo daughter) shot it on coyotes to and wants it for "her" coyote gun. Oh well i guess i will have to put her on together to what a shame :). I am in Canada for work now i will post up some pictures when i get back.

I lost my favorite AR that way, but it's a pretty darned good way to lose a gun:D. My daughter was about 7 when she realized that just because it was loud didn't mean that it kicked hard, it's been hers ever since (she hates that I still only load 1 round in a mag at a time for her). Plus it was a great way to put a new AR together without my wife being too ****ed off.

The important thing is to keep the kids out there. Keep it up!

Can't think of a better way to lose a gun than that...lol My neice is 7 and has pretty well staked her claim on my latest 10-22 build, she makes it run like a sewing machine and gives me this crazy look once she empties it each time. The ear to ear grin she gives in all the pics says it best, I guess we all were that proud of ourselves at that age. I've found animal crackers at 50yds are quite the challenge and who doesn't like to go on safari, we all crack up when the crackers explode into a thousand pieces. She too loves my ar and with the can on it she will shoot it all day, best part is I've got an eager helper to pick up brass at the end of the day, if I could only get her to load the mags I'd be in business.
I'm hoping the 243 won't be too much for her when deer season comes, it's one of the new Ruger American rifles, it's got a nice soft recoil pad so if it'll fit her that's her deer rifle. If not guess the ar will get the nod.

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 127
Yep I tell u I never dreamed i would get as excited as i do with her hunting with me it is so cool to see the excitement in her eyes. She has killed a few nice bucks a couple of long beards and loads of coyotes rockchucks and grouse. I am taking her after bears this fall here is wa and we are putting in for a antelope in Montana this fall. Oh she is also going to WV in Nov to hunt deer with her poppa and me. I got back friday from Canada and sunday afternoon i bought her a rem 870 turkey special she is still to little for the 3in mags but she can shoot the 2 3/4 in high brass turkey loads i load for sure. So my 20 guage double is officially retired from Turkey hunting till i get grand kids old enough to shoot it. I love taking kids hunting and passing onthe heritage that my grand father and father passed on to me. I will get the gun pic up soon i am of work finally on wednesday....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts