Meostar R1r 3-12x56 vs Swaro z8i 2.3-18x56 quick observation

I have a diavari but it's a 3-9x36 and yes it is very bright for the 36mm please let me know if you sell the meoptA
pm me and Ill try to take some pics today.
but the 3-9x36 diavari is a MC scope, not the T* (unless you have one of the rarer german made T* versions). My kid has one on her M7. Its a good tiny, lightweight scope. A bit better than the old 3-9x40 conquests, but it is a small objective.

Last edited:
I to have heard the line saying the vortex low $200 stuff is as good as high dollars. I even had a cabelas rep tell me that is I had the vortex I wouldn't be happy with the liecas. I just laughed to which he said " I look through them all day and can tell you the vortex cheap ones are better."
Now some truth to that. If you are out in full daylight the vortex looks brighter. Until you strap them into a mount. Then you realize what you can really see. I even caught myself thinking I wasted money when comparing them mid day. Then when lights got low wow big difference. So comparing in a store or daylight is kinda worthless imo
lol. vortex was making the cabela's branded stuff for a while. nothing like propping up the house brand. And having been closely involved with cabelas for a while....I would laugh at any "informed" comments coming over that counter as well. I could tell you stories....
But to your second good point, I have a friend who is a leupy supporter. He looks through my stuff at the range sometimes and says that its no better.
But he doesn't sit in a stand at dusk (woods and fields, no stray light) and compare literally side by side by judging bucks coming out of the woods a few hundred yards away. I did this with my kid for years. 2 sets of binos, 2 different scopes, sometimes rotating through a whole pile of optics in one season. That is a brutally honest way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yep Leupold is one of those that looks really dark to my eyes even the top end stuff but it does hold light well. Just not to the Leica level. I only have one Leupold on my slug gun and it works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.