Meopta vs. Nightforce ??

I gotta tell ya after using several brands(nightforce,leupold,S&B) I don't really see what every body on this forums and million others see in the nightforce. Yeah it's bombproof. I think the side focus is really nice fealing and firm but what I have yet to see is almost 2k worth of scope. If it wasn't for the recent price hike on the S&B I wouldn't even consider a nightforce. I don't like the fine reticules as they are hard to see in low light. Don't get me wrong the nighforce is a real piece of work but to compared to a S&b it's like a vx3.

Meopta vs. Nightforce??

by the NSX,yes they are that Fantastic,i'm sure the met.is built very nice and uses Zeiss glass,but how can so many long range shooters be wrong? love my 3.5x15x50 NSX. regards jjmp

Last edited:
Linksmechanic, I like the the fine reticle, since it does not cover up much of the intended target at long range. Even with my astigmatism in my shooting eye, I have not experienced a problem seeing the reticle and I use the NPR-2

That's the the one I was using. I just have a hard time with it and so does my hunting partner. He likes his Nxs but also dislikes the reticules. Were used to the mildot system and when it's dim out it works better for me.

Its been awhile with this discussion so lets bring it up. I have Meopta ZD 3-10X50 and like it. I am planning to buy longrange scope with more zoom in it snd proper repeatable turrets. Either Meopta ZD 6-24X50 or NSX . NSX is 1000€ expencier. Any difference on the lowlight conditions between the two? Here in Europe Whitetail Deer hunting is done in darkness more or less.

While I can't speak for Meopta I own two NXS's and a SHV and I would not consider anything else in a rifle scope.

I agree , I have an ATACR and a SHV . The ATACR is comparable in every aspect to all of the $2500+ scopes , better than most of them . My SHV is the lowest priced NF model , and it's much better in every way than the Meopta R1 I used to have .

Meopta makes a fine optic , and they will be an upgrade from a lot of the junk people are using. NF is simply better, at everything, than a Meopta rifle scope.

My Meopta 2.5-15x56 will beat my 3 NXS's at 15x for low light( even the 56mm NF), the Meopta glass is REALLY good at low light. BUT....the Meopta is very short on features like choice of reticles, very limited windage & elevation(~50 MOA), and my biggest complaint is the lack of a parallax adjustment. Yes, most of their scopes are set parallax free at 100 yards and that's what you get, no adjustment. Not really what I look for in a long range scope, but it makes one hell of a low light mid range coyote scope.
I have not compared it to the 5-25x ATACR.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.