Men's Helpline Letter

LRSickle

Letter to a men's helpline...

Hi Bob, I really need your advice on a serious problem:

I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up; she goes out with the girls a lot.
I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep.

Anyway last night about midnight I hid in the shed behind the boat. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she blew a kiss to the person in the car.
It was at that moment crouched behind the boat that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket.

Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace the whole bracket??

Depending upon the construction of the mount, if it's cast aluminum as some have been, it would be best to replace the mount, machined aluminum can be repaired as can steel, however I suggest a qualified person to do the work; You don't want your motor falling off in the middle of the lake! A qualified local welding shop should be able to tell you right away what type of material is used & best way to repair it.

Thanks for your inquiry,

TD- Mens Helpline Representative.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.