Memorial weekend scouting trip pics

If this works right youll see what hangs out in the bottom of these draws, pic1, my huntin buddy and his bear from 2007', pic 2 me and my 2008' bear.
bear07-1.jpg

again sorry for the pics theyre from a phone, heres pic 2 below.
TJsBearHunt2008068-1-1.jpg

It still amazes me, the contrast of the view from the top of the hill, to the bottom of the draws.
Heres a couple more pics of the area from 07'- thru this year.
TJsBearHunt2008047-1.jpg

Kinda steep.
TJsBearHunt2008014-1.jpg

Shanghi lived up to its name....... It sucked bringing my first bear up outa there.
Well Roy, and Bigngreen, mustve taught me something, the pics are still working.

"kinda steep" I would sure hate to toat a 30'' heavy barreled EDGE up in that country . Now I know why their shooting out to 1300 yards :D .

It looks like long range paradise!

What does it cost to hunt there as a non resident ? and is it a draw hunt or over the counter ?

Thanks

BigBuck

"kinda steep" I would sure hate to toat a 30'' heavy barreled EDGE up in that country . Now I know why their shooting out to 1300 yards :D .

It looks like long range paradise!

What does it cost to hunt there as a non resident ? and is it a draw hunt or over the counter ?

Thanks

BigBuck

Why do you think I hunt with a Model-70 feather wt. in 270wsm? Hits hard, shoots flat, light weight.:D

2010 Oregon prices
Non res. License; $140.50
Non res O.T.C. Bear tag $182.50
Talk about gettin raked over the coals!!!
Most folks wouldnt attempt hunting country like that for a bear, but those of us who do get bears quite frequently. Lots of color phase bears too. Blonde, Cinnimon, Red, Chocolate, and Black. Mostly Black or Red, but we've shot the others too exept all-Blonde. Those are harder to find.
If your up to the country it will pay off, but, youd better be in shape, or it will getcha. August can bring Temps in the hundred and teens. Heat stroke is common for folks not accustom to it.
I grew up in the High Desert, and it almost got me 3 or 4 years ago. Ran out of water and got rimrocked, 114 deg by 10:30 AM. 3 hrs later I made it to the bottom. I stripped elder berreis for moisture. Worst part was I could see the Snake River the whole time:D. 2 days in camp and I had my appetite back, and was huntin again. But that was a long 2 days for sure! Awesome country, but it has fangs.

OOOH man! But its a great way to keep my sexy figure:D. It was a pile of fun, and we never got board.
Have you ever seen a Logger ''levitate''? Cause I did. My buddy who isnt usually bothered by snakes at all, almost planted a foot on a bull snake, and was instantly air-borne like Fred Flinstone with the feet just a runnin' in the air.
We were on a steep enough part of the hill that we were hanging onto grass roots with our uphill hand, and that was the only thing that kept him from rolling down to the river:D. I almost pee'd my pants laughing so hard, but forced myself to hold it for a later time on a flatter piece of ground, because I didnt want to fall off the mountain when I let go of the grass roots.
Good times.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.