Melonite on SS Action?

ICANHITHIMMAN- I am familiar with the other coatings you suggested (cerakote etc..), but my understanding is they are not able to be used on the BAT action (and probably many other custom actions) because of the tight tolerance of the action. Additionally, the melonite treatment can be coated over with cerakote. So, for my build I could choose to cerakote the barrel, exterior of the action and bottom metal. But the internals of the action, including the bolt, would stay black from the melonite treatment and not receive cerakote. So you would have the ability to refinish or change colors of finish on the exterior metal of the gun if you so choose.

And finally cost. It's going to cost me $200 plus shipping plus my smiths fees for disassembling and reassembling to have 3 rifles done for what amounts to a life time finish.

I should mention, that the $200 cost is a minimum batch cost for H&M. 1 rifle or 2 or 3. The guy I talked to siad up to 3 rifles for the $200 cost. Best thing to do is call and get the cost first hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.