Meindl Boots.....need some info

Dan B

I see several folks mentioning the Cabela's Meindl boots. I snagged a set from the bargain cave about two years ago...and LOVE THEM!! But what are you fellas doing to care for them after the season is over or prep them for the coming year? They are made from that "nubuck" material and no one around here has ever heard of Meindl let along how to care for them. I need these baby's to last a while...they are the best boots I have found in years!!

BTW...they are the winter version...heavy and stiff but after two years of hard hunting they are still perfect.

Do your boots have Goretex inside?

Are you sure it is Nubuck and not real leather?

What I use is Grangers. First I apply the "Conditioner" and let it dry and then I use the "Smooth Leather Protector". The chief thing I try to do is not contaminate the Goretex and clog it up so it doesn't breathe. Grangers says it is safe for Goretex.

Last edited:
From the product description it said they were Nubuck. And yes, they are Goretex inside.

Last year I used "Meltonian Suede and Nubuck Cleaner". After that I used a "Silicone Water Guard" spray. Never heard of Grangers....but I'll find some!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.