Measuring length of pull

elk wallow

What is the best way to measure someone for length of pull. I'm getting a new stock for my daughter because her factory stock is too long.

Thanks, Kevin

What works pretty well for me is, take a tape measure and measure with your arm bent at 90 degrees, from your bicep to your index finger in a trigger pull position. This should get you pretty close.

I go from the first joint of the trigger finger to the bend of the arm,but I put my thumb at the bend to allow for a coat

Yep, one of the best one I've seen.

I agree. However, for me, bench shooting varmints, I like to have a shorter pull than prone. Just have started playing with different pull lengths and what I'm finding about my form is interesting.

I agree. However, for me, bench shooting varmints, I like to have a shorter pull than prone. Just have started playing with different pull lengths and what I'm finding about my form is interesting.

The video shows a standing shooting stance. You need to adjust accordingly with your own shooting stance; as you noted, you're finding it interesting.

On some instances, you might have to factor in clothing too; T-shirt vs. bulky cold weather gear.

What works pretty well for me is, take a tape measure and measure with your arm bent at 90 degrees, from your bicep to your index finger in a trigger pull position. This should get you pretty close.

i agree here 100%. Always easier to have a shorter length of pull then a longer one. Of course, the best option would be to use an adjustable stock, but if you only get one shot it, this is a great idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.