me Tikka T3

schwabdog

IMG_0407.jpg

fb 2.jpg

19032011(001).jpg

IMG_0502.jpg
Some pictures of me Tikka T3 lite chambered in 270 win.
I can't say enough about this rifle, it whit a ZEISS 2.5-10X50 t* scope makes an exultant hunting rifle; I've shot everything from rabbits to deer out to 250m and target to 526m. this is me firs rifle and Dad bought it for me when I was 14 and I've had it for about 4 years now and am more accurate than ever. The firs reason we had a look at the tikka was because tikka makes Left handed rifles. And it was only about $1200 at the time. After about 2 years, I started to hand load the 270 with the Hornady SST 150gr I found it very accurate and decided to upgrade the Scope To a ZEISS DIVARI 2.5-10X50 and then found out that it was even more accurate and very consistent, so decided to upgrade the mounting system from the standard tikka rings to a waver rail, and US Optics 30mm Titanium rings which were about 350. And now it shots .1.5 mil (1.5 cm) groups at 100m and (2.5 cm) at 250. And about 18 cm at 526m I haven't done a howl lot of long range shooting but will be in the feature, and at the moment I find this Rifle Very accurate.
I love the 270 win case for its low recoil and high speed and bullet selection and its long range capabilities.
I would highly recommend this system to anyone who's getting in to hunting or just shooting.
This is my first real post on here so don't kill me about it. Thanks

Last edited:
View attachment 10563

View attachment 10564

View attachment 10565

View attachment 10566
Some pictures of me Tikka T3 lite chambered in 270 win.
I can't say enough about this rifle, it whit a ZEISS 2.5-10X50 t* scope makes an exultant hunting rifle; I've shot everything from rabbits to deer out to 250m and target to 526m. this is me firs rifle and Dad bought it for me when I was 14 and I've had it for about 4 years now and am more accurate than ever. The firs reason we had a look at the tikka was because tikka makes Left handed rifles. And it was only about $1200 at the time. After about 2 years, I started to hand load the 270 with the Hornady SST 150gr I found it very accurate and decided to upgrade the Scope To a ZEISS DIVARI 2.5-10X50 and then found out that it was even more accurate and very consistent, so decided to upgrade the mounting system from the standard tikka rings to a waver rail, and US Optics 30mm Titanium rings which were about 350. And now it shots .1.5 mil (1.5 cm) groups at 100m and (2.5 cm) at 250. And about 18 cm at 526m I haven't done a howl lot of long range shooting but will be in the feature, and at the moment I find this Rifle Very accurate.
I love the 270 win case for its low recoil and high speed and bullet selection and its long range capabilities.
I would highly recommend this system to anyone who's getting in to hunting or just shooting.
This is my first real post on here so don't kill me about it. Thanks

Very nice, the second photo is almost " heavenly" looking. Where are you from? The second photo looks like the rolling hills of eastern Ohio/ western
PA. You picked a great caliber to start your shooting life. I have a half dozen or so 270's in various chamberings. Savage Arms also makes some fine south paw rifles. My oldest son shoots backwards to:D.

Gene

Thank you sir.
The 2nd pic is properly when the gun is at its lightest; the last one is the most resent and it weighs about 4.1 kg which is not too bad.
I'm from Victoria Australia.
Love the 270 for what it is, BUT I'm moving up to a 300 win mag in APRS to go a bit farther on big game out to 800m. But if I didn't start with a 22. Air rifle when I was only 7-8 and then moving to 22 LR when I was about 11 and then to a 270win and now to a 300 win mag. I think if I didn't start of the way I did I don't think I would be shooting the way I am now.
My brother shots the 30 06 win, and to be honest I don't really like, it has just that bit more recoil and noise, the 270 is perfect. I THINK. Any way thanks again..

Thank you sir.

My brother shots the 30 06 win, and to be honest I don't really like, it has just that bit more recoil and noise, the 270 is perfect. I THINK. Any way thanks again..

You are correct about above. I started my youngest out on 25-06 for hi-power. His shooting started with bb gun to 22, 22 to 223 AR w/bull barrel and now at 25-06. He's now learning the mil-dot scope, bullet drops, windage and working with turrets. Keep us posted on how your shooting is going from down under.

Gene

Is the bolt on the other side of the gun because you live on the other side of the world??? :D:D:D
Seriously, I love my Tikka T3. Very accurate for the price, and I love the factory trigger, and how smooth the action is. I wish my dad had gotten me into shooting at that young age! Keep it up

I've got a lefty tikka t3 270 too, and it shoots very well. Mine is the stainless with a 10x fixed elite on top. It will consistently be under 1/2" at 100 yards with decent hand loads.

Is the bolt on the other side of the gun because you live on the other side of the world??? :D:D:D
Seriously, I love my Tikka T3. Very accurate for the price, and I love the factory trigger, and how smooth the action is. I wish my dad had gotten me into shooting at that young age! Keep it up

hahaha bolt on the other side because I'm on the other side of the world ''good one.
yeah it's not bad for the price. and i to love the bold and trigger..Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.