Mcmillian rifles, need info

Coyboy

Found a used Mcmillian sporter in 30-06 today. Printed made in somewhere Arizona on reciever. any info on this gun, custom? semi-custom? Barrel quality, ect. I can't find any info in my old Shooters Bibles.

[ QUOTE ]
Found a used Mcmillian sporter in 30-06 today. Printed made in somewhere Arizona on reciever. any info on this gun, custom? semi-custom? Barrel quality, ect. I can't find any info in my old Shooters Bibles.

[/ QUOTE ] I have two of theses rifles, I had them built a number of years ago. That said why not give McBros a call. They will have the answers to all your questions. Yes they do have a web-site. You'll need to do a web search. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A I have a McMillan CRF rifle. Engraved on the action is G. McMillan and company, Phoenix, Arizona. They also had a push feed version of this same rifle. I have used the gun for about 15 years and it has worked pretty good. The floor plate is a cheesy remington alloy piece and its not terribly accurate, but its a decent hunting rifle. The gun is suppose to be a .5" gun, but its more like a .75" on a good day. The barrel uses polygonal rifling, but I am not sure who makes it.

3sixbits, The rifles you had built, were they the sporter?(this was engraved on the barrel). This rifle had the sako type extractor and looked to have rem. bottom metal. It was wearing a very old burris scope, and looked to be fired little. The shop was asking $890. Is this a good price.

3sixbits how does your rifles shoot?

Would the actions on these rifles be squared and true? wondering If they would make a good custom build.

Well I guess you didn't call Rock and talk to him? I think they are worth the money of course as I spent the money twice and would look really look stupid saying otherwise. (not that there isn't some truth in that) When the old man was alive and making the barrels, well they shot great. Just remember who shot the smallest group in world history? Guess who made that barrel? If the rifle has a good bore and is not to beat, I would offer less just cause I love to horse trade. Without seeing the rifle I can't say, it would be unfair to you to tell you otherwise. I know mine have sure put a lot of meat on the table, and for me it doesn't get any better than that. But please don't take what I have to say as an endorsement or distraction from this rifle because that would be unfair also. You might go on GunsAmmerica.com and look under custom rifles and look around. You know get a feel of what the market is like. BEST OF LUCK and happy trade-n! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3sixbits, I didn't call Mcbros. I have to stop back at the shop and get the serial number before I request info. When I stopped there the other day I was in a bit of a hurry and had not written it down. I visited there web site and see they get quite a premium for there guns now.

Thanks for the info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes it's safe to say, that it is a lot cheaper to buy one used than to buy it new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.