mcmillian or rimrock?

ljmelea

i'm looking to get a new stock for my .257 ackley.what experience good or bad have you had with theses two.any prefrence?
grin.gif

I have a Mc Millan stock on a custom 6-mm
ackley and a sako 7mmRem mag. Quality is very
good have no experience at all with rimrock.
good luck

I've only got one rimrock was before Borden got the company pretty nice stock but have more McMillians like there molded in colors. Don't think you would go wrong with either.

I have owned about 5 McMillan's and only one Rimrock (current Borden era). I think the Rimrock is good, but would probably go for the McMillan in preference. I have always had good dealings with McMillan - in fact will order a 6th stock off them in the next few months.

As a general comment, I have had very mixed success in my dealings with many diverse stock makers, but either of the options you list will work very well compared to a lot of other options on the market.

Fergus

Ditto on the mcmillans. I have a rimrock and it is a great,..and VERY light stock. But given a choice on new stocks,..mcmillan gets the nod fromme as well.

thanks for all the info,glad to see the members want to help out,great forumn.i think i'll go with the mcmillan hunter;safari grade for my pre-64,desert camo of course.may even buy some steel floor plates while i'm at it!thanks for the help.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.