McMillian Complete Installation Option

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Burrdock, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Burrdock

Burrdock Active Member

I'm thinking about sending my barreled action from my sendero II. .300 rum to mcmillian to have them do a complete installation option. (includes: full inlet, pad, studs, paint or molded-in camo or marble & glass bedding with aluminum pillars) into a lazzeroni sporter stock
    Does anyone have any experience with them doing this......good or bad?

Thanks

2. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

How much do they charge and turn around time?

Gordon

3. Burrdock

Burrdock Active Member

830......don't know about turn around but I assume 25 weeks....unfortunatley

4. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I believe the stocks cost $488 right now, is that correct? That includes inlet, studs, recoil pad, molded paint or camo. I would check with a smith to see what a pillar bed costs.

5. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

They make excellent stocks. I've had several and have been happy with all of them. Sounds like they are charging you about the same as anyone to pillar bed it. The wait time is for the stock mostly. They typically take about 4 months to deliver a stock. The actual stock is a personal preference. They are a good company. I think you will be happy.

Gordon

6. Burrdock

Burrdock Active Member

Thanks fellas.....just don't have the time to research that well......

7. kl4j

kl4j Member

They've done a complete installation for me two years ago on a Sako 995 and I have another in their shop now for the same workup. Quality is great but you will need to be patient.

8. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Thats two long to wait for stock work. McMillan makes a great product and I'm sure their gunsmiths are up to the task. Buy a stock and have a smith from the site do the stock work.

9. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

$342 for a pillar bed job! If all you need is a pillar bed and have all the metal work already done, shoot me an e-mail, I'd be glad to help. kevin@mcrifles.com

10. Shumba

Shumba Well-Known Member

Go to thier web site and look at thier "specials" They normally have quite a few stocks on the shelf and ready to go, some of them you will still have the option of paint color. If you are lucky you may be able to find one with a molded in color that suits you, I much prefer the molded in color. you cannot damage it and it never looks bad even after years of use. If you are able to find something that suits you then you can cut about 20+ weeks off that turn around time! Im sure their bedding is quality but the price seems high to me.

11. Burrdock

Burrdock Active Member

Sounds like a good deal I will be in contact...thanks

12. jsthntn247

jsthntn247 Well-Known Member

40 bucks for some devcon and about an hours work and you can skim and pillar bed it yourself. That's robbery. There is a very detailed how to on snipershide in the gunsmithing section. I read it several times and have bedded 4 rifles and all turned out perfect. Good luck

13. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

they charge to much for everything including complete rifles.
    Robbery is correct.