McMillans new M40A1-3 stock

heatseekins

I was one of a few lucky shooters that got the opportunity to test a new prototype stock built by McMillan.
This is a prototype of the M40A1-3 stock. The forend has been changed and is very close to the A3. So far it is very comfy, feels solid and it is light weight. This stock would be a great platform to build a new Long range hunting rifle off of.
This rifle will soon have a 26" Rock carbon barrel chambered in 300 win mag, 6.5-20 Leopold long range scope, Rock bipod, Seekins precision Ultra scope rings and 25moa base (available soon), and possibly a detachable magazine system if I ever finish it.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

Glen Seekins

[image]
308692.jpg
[/image]

[image]
308693.jpg
[/image]

[image]
308694.jpg
[/image]

heatseekins,
stock and rifle look great. is the A-3 front version slimmer in the forearm? Would you say its easier to hold for an offhand shot? What does the stock weigh presently? Also if you know does the normal A-3 and A-5 weigh? Thanks

The stock weighs right at 3lbs the way it is. The forend fits nicly in my hand and it has grooves along the side that your fingers fit in perfectly. It is a bit blockier than the original M40A1, but I like the A-3 forend better. Im not sure what an A-3 or A-5 weigh, but I will have an A-5 in a couple weeks and will let you know. You can specify the weight when ordering and it depends on the accessories you get with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.