McMillan TPR?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by fmajor, Mar 5, 2013.

1. fmajor

fmajor Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with the (new?) McMillan TPR (Tactical Precison Rifle) stock?

Thoughts?

2. ishootkittens

ishootkittens Well-Known Member

Been wondering about this one myself. I like pistol grips...but that thing is NOT attractive haha

3. fmajor

fmajor Well-Known Member

Really? What do you not like about it - what things are not attractive?

I'm on the other end of the opinion continuum - i actually like it's appearance a lot, but i'm sorta 'eclectic' in my preferences :D

For me, i want a pistol-grip for the great ergo's, butt-hook sorta thing for helping stabilize and a more useful fore-end for more varied use in field-shooting positions.

4. ishootkittens

I just dont like the "lines" on the forend and the cheek piece sticks out like a sore thumb unlike the A-5 styles. The stock doesn't look TERRIBLE like the howa 1500's stocks, but I just prefer the the other McMillan stocks. I will admit that it isnt as hideous as the A-TH stock they have... I almost puked when I saw it.

5. fmajor

fmajor Well-Known Member

gotcha. I'm not much a fan of those myself. However, they will be hidden under all my ghillie-flage :rolleyes: so i won't notice them

:D too funny!

6. ishootkittens

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like some pretty "ugly" stuff and you never know. I may try a TPR one day. Ill take function over looks ANY TIME.