McMillan Stock colour schemes

matt_3479

Hey guys, hoping you guys could all help me out a little here. I am looking into starting my first long range project early in the new year and just haven't decided on a colour yet for the stock.

Im either going A-3 or HTG stock. I am looking into a marble colour scheme. its going to be a black action and depending on the colour scheme, will depend on wihch colour barrel. I was thinking 60% black, 20% grey and 20% light grey/white. I like the look of the black and grey marble stocks.

i alos just recently realized i like the look into black and green stocks. I was thinking 50% black, 20% olive and 30% grey.

hoping you guys could show me some pictures of your mcmillan colours and what % is everything thank you!!

Hey guys, hoping you guys could all help me out a little here. I am looking into starting my first long range project early in the new year and just haven't decided on a colour yet for the stock.

Im either going A-3 or HTG stock. I am looking into a marble colour scheme. its going to be a black action and depending on the colour scheme, will depend on wihch colour barrel. I was thinking 60% black, 20% grey and 20% light grey/white. I like the look of the black and grey marble stocks.

i alos just recently realized i like the look into black and green stocks. I was thinking 50% black, 20% olive and 30% grey.

hoping you guys could show me some pictures of your mcmillan colours and what % is everything thank you!!

Your first mix of 60% black 20% and 20% grey/white would probably turn out pretty good since the black and lighter colors will contrast well.

I would be real careful about the black and green though with black as the primary color. Black can "overpower" your other colors. I would think you might get a better look going with green as the primary and mixing in the other colors including black. I did an A5 years ago with 70% black 15% green 15% brown. The stock turned out very dark, not at all what I had in mind. I did another in 70% olive, 15% black and 15% tan that turned out very well. Just be careful with really dark colors as the primary.

The following A5 stock is 80% black, 10% grey, 10% white

Rightside.jpg

Your first mix of 60% black 20% and 20% grey/white would probably turn out pretty good since the black and lighter colors will contrast well.

I would be real careful about the black and green though with black as the primary color. Black can "overpower" your other colors. I would think you might get a better look going with green as the primary and mixing in the other colors including black. I did an A5 years ago with 70% black 15% green 15% brown. The stock turned out very dark, not at all what I had in mind. I did another in 70% olive, 15% black and 15% tan that turned out very well. Just be careful with really dark colors as the primary.

I like the look of darker stocks so I'm not too worried about the black over powering to much, but I will keep my eye out and pay attention to that, thanks!

if any of the top 3 trip your trigger I think I have the % written down at the shop.

I really like the top one

The top one is 40 blk 30 od green and 30 dark tan.

The black does overpower the other colors a bit

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.