McMillan Rifle Stocks at the LRH Store

bookworm

You can buy MCMillan stocks, ready to ship at the LRH Store.

I'm looking at a new rifle stock and would like to hear feedback from anyone that knows anything about or has experience with Holland's Fiberglass stocks.

There are a ton of comments around these part about McMillan (all positive), but not much about Holland's. Since his stocks are made by McMillan I would assume that his stock is the same construction and feel as a McMillan stock. True?

If so I'm surprised that people don't talk more about his stocks as a viable alternative to McMillan stocks since he has stocks available immediately and McMillan is a 4 month wait. Pricing is similar.

Any insight?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot help any yet, but I have Kirby building me a rifle now on one of the Holland's. It should be done soon and I will let you know what I think when I get it. You might shoot Kirby Allen (Fiftydriver here) an email, as he told me he builds a few rifles every year on these stocks. It was nice not to have to wait on the stock and the people at Holland were good to work with and had the stock to my gunsmith in less than a week.

timl - no...you are correct. McMillan does make Holland's fiberglass stocks.

I don't know if it is a unique build or if it is exactly the same as one of McMillan's standard offerings. It is hard to tell from pictures, but the Holland looks very similar to the McMillan Remington Hunter or BDL.

JCFORD - thanks for the tip, I think I'll take your advice and shoot Kirby a message. What are you having built and when do you expect it to be finished?

Last edited:
bookworm, Kirby is building me a 7mm Dakota, Borden action made for Kirby's company and a #4 fluted Lilja barrel, 26" in length. I am hopeing for 10 to 10.5 lbs. I do not ask for exact dates when it would be done, but most likely in the next month or so. I have another rifle he made for me, so there is no doubt what the quality will be. I am still very excited to see it and get some shooting done with it before it gets terribly hot.

I have one on a 7mm08 that I had built,its on a remington action and a heavy sporter barrel.
as far as the stock is concerned its a great stock, fairly light and seems very well made and I love the larger palm swell. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one again.

hope that helps you some

jared

Hollands stocks are similar in design to the Sako Hunter with some other features I can't recall. I have two of his fiberglass stocks and hope to soon have them on all my rifles. They give me the perfect cheek weld and are easily THE most comfortable stock I've tried. I have two McMountain Rifle stocks and a McClassic that will be hitting the classifieds.

We do build Holland's stocks as an exclusive to Darrel based on his pattern. Yes he has them in stock, and yes you can get them right away. Which means, you have to like his pattern, have the same action and barrel that his stocks have been inletted for, and like the molded in colors that he likes.
I really like Darrell and he has been a great customer over the years, and I hope he sells hundreds of stocks. But please remember that it takes us twelve weeks to make you exactly what you want rather than expecting you to buy what we want you to.

Good point Kelly!!!

Sometimes it just takes time to get exactly what you want. Thats why we call them CUSTOM rifles!!!

I also appreciate all your hard work you have done for me over the years. Always a pleasure to work with your people!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.