mcmillan lazzeronni

are you referring to the thumbhole, or normal sporter?

I have the thumbhole Lazz Sporter stock on a hunting rifle and like it.

there are lots of weird angles with the butt and grip, but it feels good and points good. I can get you some pics if interested--just email me
wink.gif

JB

Nowler,

there is a test of a Mcmillan Lazzeroni thumbhole stocked Riflecraft RPA in this months Shooting Sports mag. Don't know whether you can get it in your area? Stock looks a bit strange, think I prefer a "normal" pistol gripped Mac. AM

yea--for prone only work, my A3 is more comfortable, though if you like thumbholes, this is a nice feeling one
wink.gif

JB

hi folks

i spoke to rpa and they are offering the interceptor in either an ian robertson or a lazzeroni thunb-hole.

ian robertson stocks are the best, but there were reports that the early ones on the interceptors were a little flexy.... i am not sure if this is true or if it was whether the problem has been addressed.

so basically i am looking into which of the two is the best.

will be used principally for hunting on a 308 and 22-250, but both will occasionally be used for open and hunter class style bds shoots. i need something that will ride the bags half decently to get the loads sorted....

any advice gratefully received

derek

I got one from Dantec. I used it last season for F-class shooting in Scotland. I love this stock. It is very comfortable to shoot prone. It is very good for field use or blasting a couple of rocks across the hill from a bipod.
But I think it is not the best design for F-class shooting.(Sorry but I do with what I have at the moment).
The rear part of the stock is a bit bent of center, wich might not be ideal for bag riding and consistency. A Shenane Thumbhole tracker stock is more suitable for that purpose.
But it is still a great stock for field use.

ND
PS: if somebody shows me how to include pictures with the message, I try to include some.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.