mcmillan hunter or classic

slg888

Narrowed my stock choice down to the hunter or classic. which would you choose? some of my specs may be a factor..... stiller predator-#5 lilja barrel-wyatt bdl box.

Members that dont understand. Mcmillan is a stock for a firearm. Hunter/Classic is a stock design you choose from. A firearm mounts to the stock and creates a rifle.

Last edited:
I don't think the site is going in the wrong direction just because nobody has responded to your question. Maybe, just maybe, it's because nobody has the two you mention so they can't give you a comparison. And, maybe it's because they don't like being talked down to like in your second post in this thread. If you were serious then we both know why there have been no responses. If you were joking, then a smilie or two would have helped.

Now, for your enjoyment, in case you don't have both of them for comparison, here is a pic of a "Savage Hunter" from McMillan on the right and one of their A5s on the left.

DSC02442Medium.jpg

I can say that the only time I prefer the hunter is for packing/walking type hunting. For everything else I far prefer the A5 but since you didn't mention the A5, I guess I can't really help other than to get the thread some more exposure.

Good luck in getting responses.:):) (Note the smilies)

I don't think the site is going in the wrong direction just because nobody has responded to your question. Maybe, just maybe, it's because nobody has the two you mention so they can't give you a comparison. And, maybe it's because they don't like being talked down to like in your second post in this thread. If you were serious then we both know why there have been no responses. If you were joking, then a smilie or two would have helped.

Now, for your enjoyment, in case you don't have both of them for comparison, here is a pic of a "Savage Hunter" from McMillan on the right and one of their A5s on the left.

DSC02442Medium.jpg

I can say that the only time I prefer the hunter is for packing/walking type hunting. For everything else I far prefer the A5 but since you didn't mention the A5, I guess I can't really help other than to get the thread some more exposure.

Good luck in getting responses.:):) (Note the smilies)
Thank you for your response. Yap, Im getting the hunter for sure! nice rifles above:) . would you happen to know the barrel contour on these rifles? thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.