Mcmillan A3

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Jurgens, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Jurgens

Jurgens Active Member

Hi guys
    I have earlier posted some questions on an ideal stock for a custom build huting/ shooting rifle and have on the response decided on an A3 adj.
    I would apreciate your input on my choice for the stock.
    The caliber wil be a .243Win with a 1 in 8 twist barrel. I will be using it for longer range hunting on smaller plains game ( springbuck, blesbuck, ext) and punching paper up to the range I can manage ( currently 400m).
    The action is a 700 in adl.
    So I hope I chose the right stock.
    The colour I am not to sure of but I like the Mcwoody as it looks more traditional.
    Any input would be apreciated.
    Regards
    Jurgens

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have your mind made up. Can't go wrong with a McMillian. May want to look at the Manners T4 Adj. A sniper trainer that I know swears it is the best stock for sniper/hunter work.

3. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

The McMillan A-3 adj is a great stock, I currently use one on my comp 260. I also use the McMillan Hunter on several hunting rifles. However, Manner's makes a great stock as well and I use a few of their designs, MCS-T2, and T-3 for hunting, I really like these. My other comp rifle is awaiting the Manners new T-5A. I played with one at the shot show and really liked it!

You can't go wrong with either McMillan or Manners!

4. Alfred Crouch

Alfred Crouch Well-Known Member

I have an A 3 on a 260 built by Kirby Allen. I like it very much; but, I have only used a few of the other stocks so have limited experience with others to make a comparison. Have used H S Precision and a few of the laminated ones. Much prefer the McMillan. It is a bit pricey but worth it to me.

5. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Kriby build extremely accurate rifles, I'll bet your 260 can shoot!

6. Jurgens

Jurgens Active Member

Thanks for the replys.
    I will take a look at the Manners stocks. Do you know if the ship to South Africa?
    Thanks again
    Jurgens