Mcmillan A3

Jurgens

Hi guys
I have earlier posted some questions on an ideal stock for a custom build huting/ shooting rifle and have on the response decided on an A3 adj.
I would apreciate your input on my choice for the stock.
The caliber wil be a .243Win with a 1 in 8 twist barrel. I will be using it for longer range hunting on smaller plains game ( springbuck, blesbuck, ext) and punching paper up to the range I can manage ( currently 400m).
The action is a 700 in adl.
So I hope I chose the right stock.
The colour I am not to sure of but I like the Mcwoody as it looks more traditional.
Any input would be apreciated.
Regards
Jurgens

Sounds like you have your mind made up. Can't go wrong with a McMillian. May want to look at the Manners T4 Adj. A sniper trainer that I know swears it is the best stock for sniper/hunter work.

The McMillan A-3 adj is a great stock, I currently use one on my comp 260. I also use the McMillan Hunter on several hunting rifles. However, Manner's makes a great stock as well and I use a few of their designs, MCS-T2, and T-3 for hunting, I really like these. My other comp rifle is awaiting the Manners new T-5A. I played with one at the shot show and really liked it!

You can't go wrong with either McMillan or Manners!

I have an A 3 on a 260 built by Kirby Allen. I like it very much; but, I have only used a few of the other stocks so have limited experience with others to make a comparison. Have used H S Precision and a few of the laminated ones. Much prefer the McMillan. It is a bit pricey but worth it to me.

Thanks for the replys.
I will take a look at the Manners stocks. Do you know if the ship to South Africa?
Thanks again
Jurgens

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.