Mcmillan A-5 Savage question

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by buckbrush, Dec 18, 2008.

  1. buckbrush

    buckbrush Well-Known Member

    Nov 26, 2008
    Another noob question.

    My wife recently gave me the go-ahead to "stock-up" on a few guns and ammunition and as a result I haven't researched some things properly in my haste to purchase things before she changes her mind. :D

    I picked up a Savage A-5 for very cheap. It's for a model 116 that apparently had a hinged floorplate.

    I would like to make this work on a 110 that originally had a blind magazine that was attached to the stock. Can I buy the floorplate/trigger guard assembly for this gun somewhere? My OAL will be too long for a repeater so I am going to get a single shot follower. Trying to figure out if there are factory parts to complete this thing before I mill something up.

    Thanks for any help or leads.
  2. KRP

    KRP Well-Known Member

    Dec 25, 2007
    Savage will sell you the floorplate parts. Sharp Shooter Supply makes a nice single shot follower for those actions, they might have a floorplate for you also.

  3. geargrinder

    geargrinder Well-Known Member

    Nov 6, 2006
    I agree call Fred or Lisa at Sharp Shooter Supply. They'll be able to set you up.