Maxed windage adjustment

kgriggs

Rem 700 var 308 bedded 20 moa EGW tac rail with vortex 30 mm tac rings. Mounted Vortex Crossfire II scope torqued to spec. Shoots 10 inches right at 50 yards With windage maxed out. Im on a poor mans budget so whats next?

Have to ask ... are you sure you are moving the windage turret in the right direction? Just try moving it the opposite way just to see what happens.

And since you didn't specify, I'm going to assume the worst ... do you have the scope rotated so the elevation turret is positioned to the top of the rifle/scope, and the windage turret positioned so it is on the right side of the scope as looking from behind the rifle? A buddy of mine had his scope rotated so the elevation knob was on the left and the windage knob was on top...

Yes the scope is correctly mounted with the windage on the right side of the gun and the scope os level with the receiver. When i started bore sighting it was roughly 2.5 feet to the left of the target

Would you mind snapping a picture that includes the action, rail, rings and scope and posting it up? Might be quicker for to see it and maybe spot a problem? Something is definitely wrong...

Definitely something off on the EGW base or the rifles manufacturer tapped holes. When i took the picture from the top i noticed how far the sun shade is off to the left. I checked the spacing in the ring clamps on the base and it appears the same. Looks like i need to pull the scope off and check the alignment of the base to the action.

Attachments

• 20160424_185311.jpg
    20160424_185311.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 20160424_185046.jpg
    20160424_185046.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 161
Definitely something off on the EGW base or the rifles manufacturer tapped holes. When i took the picture from the top i noticed how far the sun shade is off to the left. I checked the spacing in the ring clamps on the base and it appears the same. Looks like i need to pull the scope off and check the alignment of the base to the action.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Sorry but using the sunshade is not a good reference indicator. I set-up a friends rig last year with similar components except it's on a .270 Win and Savage. It turned out to be the Vortex Crossfire II's internal adjustment was so out whack. He returned it for full refund and got a HS-T instead.

Are those the aluminum rings that Vortex sells individually? If so they could be the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.