Max Ammo Depot - Caution

buhawbuh

In my search for some ammo I came across "Max Ammo Depot" who listed some hard-to-find ammo at a good price. Their website looks legit, check out process seemed ok until at checkout it said their credit card system was having issues and suggested Paypal/Venmo/Zelle. The online chat support indicated that Paypal does not transact for ammo sales and the transaction would have to be through "friends and family" meaning the purchaser covers service fees and there is no purchase protection. The Email they sent for me to use is highly suspect as well as their 'verification' keyword.

I found no other information on Max Ammo Depot so did not complete the purchase.

Looks too good to be true so use caution. Looks scammy to me.

Sounds like a scam to me as well, just based on what you said. Easy to create a good looking fake website. No credit card is a pretty sure sign. How often have you heard of a credit card system having issues? Me, maybe for a short duration only. It's most internet companies bread and butter with credit cards so they won't wait for long to get it fixed! And, friends and family is PayPal also, just a form without protection as you know. Good catch on the scam!

In my search for some ammo I came across "Max Ammo Depot" who listed some hard-to-find ammo at a good price. Their website looks legit, check out process seemed ok until at checkout it said their credit card system was having issues and suggested Paypal/Venmo/Zelle. The online chat support indicated that Paypal does not transact for ammo sales and the transaction would have to be through "friends and family" meaning the purchaser covers service fees and there is no purchase protection. The Email they sent for me to use is highly suspect as well as their 'verification' keyword.

I found no other information on Max Ammo Depot so did not complete the purchase.

Looks too good to be true so use caution. Looks scammy to me.
You're a smart man. I got scammed out of $460.00 last month. Called ATF and they're useless.

I just found them last week as well. Felt the same way did not place my order. Sent them a email to contact me when their credit Card machine worked. I think they are a fraud

I just found them last week as well. Felt the same way did not place my order. Sent them a email to contact me when their credit Card machine worked. I think they are a fraud
I wont deal with suspected scammers through email- phone call only.
If they ever do email you back do NOT click anything in their response! What I was told is that is an easy way for them to infect your computer.

If it looks too good to be true, it ptobably is. And this day and age if they have stuff nobody else does- its probably a scam.
Sure sounds like it fits...

Anything remotely dodgy is a scam
If a store says that they have whatever primers, powder or bullets your looking for
And in an infinite supply
Its a scam
If its too good to be true
Its a scam

Easy thing to do is search the address on google maps
If it doesnt exist
Its a scam
You can even use street view to check if the name is on the signage