marlin 336

camoman80

I know this is not a long range rifle but I picked up a marlin 336 the other day that was made in 1949, that being said it was left in a case and has some rust on the outside but the inside it in great shape so the plan is to make it a truck gun but figured I would give it a good cleaning and maybe dura coat it, the problem I am having is some of the screws had the wrong screw driver used on them and I can not get them to brake loose. These are the screw i am having a problem with this is not my rifle just some pics I pulled offline. The screw in the barrel band as well will not turn to but i figured we all know what that is and thanks for the help in advance.
marlenleft.jpg
marlinright.jpg

Matt

Have a good Gunsmith take a look, if he is one he will have all the parts (screws) and if there are any that need to be replaced he can do it..
Thats a real good rifle, give him a chance.

I should have given a little more information. I have a friend who is a machist/mould maker, and he has given me a lot of helpful hints.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.