Marlin .17 HMR Trigger

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by Alberta Bowhunter, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Alberta Bowhunter

Alberta Bowhunter New Member

Hi,
    Im new to the forum. Lots of great info on here. I have a Marlin .17 HMR in the laminated wood stock and heavy fluted stainless barrel. My question is what could I do to get a lighter trigger pull out of it? Thanks for any help on this.

2. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I'm going through the same thing right now. Check rimfirecentral.com as well. They have had some great discussion on this as well as info on changing to a rifle basix trigger. How do you like your 917.

3. Alberta Bowhunter

Oh man I love it. Its such an awsome gun. Its so deadly on squirrels. The old .22lr dont even compare. I like the hornady 20gr. bullets. They seem to hit alot harder further out than the 17gr. do.

4. Moman

Moman Well-Known Member

I just ordered a couple of them for my son and I. Can't wait to try them out. Good luck with the trigger, but check out that web site, lots of info.

5. Alberta Bowhunter

You're gonna like em for sure. I really didnt notice much difference in accuracy either. But yeah im gonna get one of those new triggers ordered up and see how they work. Thanks for the info.

6. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

My Dad put the rifle basix trigger on his Marlin and it is awesome! I would highly recommend it!