Mark V Trigger

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Daddy Justin, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Daddy Justin

Daddy Justin Member

Team,

I have a Weatherby Mark V Synthetic in 30.06. I am having trouble getting a nice trigger pull w/o any creep. The gunsmith has had it twice and there is still creep sometimes. Strange thing is that sometimes it creeps, sometimes it doesn't. I have a Timney trigger on another rifle and that iswhat I want for my Mark V. However, no one seems to make one. Should I send it back to Weatherby to have it worked on or does anyone know of a way to retrofit another aftermarket trigger?

Thanks for the help!

Justin

2. 338thunder

338thunder Member

Try Timney again. They are now making triggers for the Weatherby MK V action.

3. Daddy Justin

Daddy Justin Member

That's great, but I have not been able to get their website to work and the only one I can find are for the Vanguards. Do you have a website??

I did find a Jard trigger for it, but it looks like it only goes to 20 ozs. I usually like around 2 3/4 lbs. 20 ozs. sounds way too light for hunting.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

4. Sam11

Sam11 Active Member

Justin: Here is what I did for my Mark V triggers. Kevin Knight of High Performance Gunsmithing 800-809-4039 does excellent trigger jobs on these. He can take them as low as 1 1/2 lb. if you want and just as crisp as can be. You do not need to send the whole gun to him, just the trigger group. If you call him tell him I said hello. His website is www.muzzlebrake.com Good luck, Sam.

5. 338thunder

338thunder Member

Hello Daddy Justin, their website is (www.timneytriggers.com). I was just there. The model number for the Weatherby MK V trigger is #651, and it's $120.00. I have a custom Weatherby MK V in 338-378 with a 33" Krieger match barrel and custom shop TRR stock. This is the trigger I plan to install.

6. Daddy Justin

Daddy Justin Member

Thanks! I just ordered one. Just what I was looking for. Great timing. They just added it Sept. 17th. As always, this website has all of the answers.

Justin