Mark 4 question...

kraig

Guys, I need some help...I'm looking at a gun that has a Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 LR/T scope on top. (verified authentic by calling Leupold) Looks like brand new at SWFA they run $1399. I'm not interested in keeping it because it isn't FFP.

The gun has been shaker can cammo'ed along with the scope.

Question being...

What is it worth on the open market used?
I mean what is a price that it would move and be fair if left painted.

Secondly...has anyone ever taken off shaker can spray paint off a scope and not screwed it up royally? Any suggestions? (Leupold said be very careful because paint thinner depending on strength can make the black anodized finish turn white)

So I don't know if I should try to remove the paint or just sell it as is. Suggestions and comments welcome!!!

Thanks.

With the paint on it maybe $850-900, depending on condition. I sold one used in good shape with box, etc. for $1000 about a year ago. You might try bow paint remover that is supplied with the bow paint kits. It doesn't effect the finish or paint on a compound, or recurve bow. Whatever solvent you use, I would test it with a cotton ball on a small area first. I wouldnt get any in the moveable sections or near the lenses though.

Thanks guys. If I can work up a deal on buying this gun I'll let you know how cleaning it up works.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.