March hunting scope 2.5x25x42 are they good?

elmerdeer

Hi guys thinking of getting a top of the line scope, and this one looks like it would fit in with what I have(7mm Dakota Custom rifle). Does anyone have any experience with March scopes? i know they are used for benchrest but their new model is for hunting. Also how does their glass compare to a Zeiss , Swarovski, or Smidt&bender? I m looking for a scope with tactical turrets,with a lots of moa, but I would like it if its not a tank, as its not going on a very heavy gun.
Thanks
Elmer

Hi guys thinking of getting a top of the line scope, and this one looks like it would fit in with what I have(7mm Dakota Custom rifle). Does anyone have any experience with March scopes? i know they are used for benchrest but their new model is for hunting. Also how does their glass compare to a Zeiss , Swarovski, or Smidt&bender? I m looking for a scope with tactical turrets,with a lots of moa, but I would like it if its not a tank, as its not going on a very heavy gun.
Thanks
Elmer
I don't know how much you planned on spending, and I'm not certain myself, but I would guess that particular scope is probably in the $2000.00 to $2500.00 range. It is everything you named that you wanted in a scope. You could check benchrestcentral.com and ask the guys who use them. But, I can tell you based on what I've heard, and who is heading up the builds, that the scope will not be over-built like many feel the tactical scopes are. There's a reason tactical scopes are built so beefy, but I digress. It won't be very heavy, and unless I'm completely off, the glass will be second to none. I drool thinking about that model you're considering. That's the one I want. A 1:10 magnification ratio! Incredible! There are so many applications for a scope of that quality. The one fly in the ointment is the warranty; it's only 5 years whereas other Alpha scopes carry a lifetime or 30 year (Schmidt and Bender) warranty. I'm not sure why March Scopes only have the 5 year warranty. I believe it has something to do with where they are built. Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with that scope. I think it's the next generation in sporting optical technology.

I just bought a schmidt and bender 4-16 Klassic and the glass is incredible but I haven't looked through a march so I can't say anything about it. I think the S&B that I bought weighs 27oz.

Benchrest scopes are not typically good hunting scopes.
And it was benchrest shooters that led the way for March.

Who led them for hunting?
Do they know anything about hunting scopes?

I don't know, but my money goes to Leupold Mk4s until compelled otherwise.
If March first matched the Mk4 in every single way, including threading to accept Alumina accessories, -and then added better glass,, I'd buy em. Would be a helluvagood scope..

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.