March 8x-80x56mm tactical

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by andrews1958, Dec 31, 2011.

1. andrews1958

andrews1958 Well-Known Member

I presently have a March 10-60×52 tactical scope on my 6.5x47 built by Robert Gradious and love it.I just started buying parts for my next rifle that will be a 6BR repeater that will also be built by Robert.

For this rifle I am leaning towards the 8x-80x56mm tactical instead of the 10-60. Most of my shooting will be at 600 yards.

Does anyone have or looked through one that would like to share their experience/ thoughts on the March scope or should I just stick with another 60x

I know a lot of guys will question why I would want so much magnification. No real reason except I just would like to have it if needed and love the March for a scope.

I am in hopes of finding a good used one but if not I will just buy a new one.

Again any thoughts or experiences you would like to share with this scope would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

This is a cellphone pic through a March scope at 1000 yds.

8-80x56mm with target dot.

This is not my scope.

joseph

Attached Files:

3. andrews1958

andrews1958 Well-Known Member

I sold on the 80X! Thanks for the picture.

4. loosesniper2000

loosesniper2000 Well-Known Member

That range looks familiar, where is it located?

5. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

???????????????????? gun)-----------------------------

joseph

6. loosesniper2000

loosesniper2000 Well-Known Member

The range in the picture above, I just thought it looked familiar. Nice scope by the way

7. Savvyup

Savvyup Member

I am debating on purchasing a March for my .338 LM
    I did read on optics talk that the march has considerable mechanical error in turret adjustments. I haven't shot or evaluated march scopes.

Any opinions, I like the power ranges they offer and am wanting to hear other peoples experiences.

8. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

The March mil version scope tracks true and repeatable.There is a review on Sniper hide my Lowlight that addresses the Mil factor adjustment.I dont want to give bad info but basically its something like this.At one point in time they used a certain factor for artillery then someone rounded the number off.So there are scopes out there with a different mil factor such as March vrs Leupold.Low light gives the adjustment factor on the March 3-24x52 for this.Related as of this year March is changing to the other I guess? more common factor.

9. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't base the resolution off a target, but instead with a field object & background.
    I have read terrible reviews on th 80x in this regard. So just sayin, be careful about generalizations here.
    I'm interested as well, and I'm interested about generalizations between IPHY, MOA, & MILs. Lotta big scope companies do a bunch of ugly rounding in their claims.. Like NF for instance(not true MOA).

10. Hunter66654

Hunter66654 Well-Known Member

Are you saying NF elevation adjustments are not true MOA?

11. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

3 NXS scopes I tested so far were not MOA.
    They came in at 1.09 IPHY per 4-clicks, instead of 1.047 IPHY.

If this seems surprising, you might want to start testing your scopes.
    I know for sure that leupold MK4 scopes are true MOA, right on the money, as I've also tested 4 of these.
    The other scopes out there?
    Don't assume anything, at any cost or popularity.