Maral hunting in the mountains of Kazakhstan

Panchik

Let me introduce my September 2013 Maral taken in the mountains of Kazakhstan, Dardamty Area.
Distance – 250 m.
Instrument – Rem 700, XCR II, 300 WM, Nightforce 5,5-22X56, MOAR.
Bullet – A-MAX, 178 gr.
The bullet worked very well, the maral could walked 20 m. only after the shot and fall down.
This hunting place is located 300 km. to the east from Almaty city.
a4d1cc64aebd.jpg
69ffca123678.jpg
ed21053b6da6.jpg
94984f884ec5.jpg

Very interesting to see your hunting experiences from halfway around the world. Thanks for posting and nice looking animal!

Just for my own curiosity - is it difficult to get a Rem 700 with a Nightforce in Kazakhstan? Do you have to find some way to import or can you buy locally? I'll be the first to admit I know very little about this area but was interested to see your very American type set-up.

Kazakhstan is quite developed in terms of hunting equipment. There are a lot of official distributors of branded hunting equipment including rifles and scopes. Yes, it is not a problem to buy a rem700 in kazakhstan and nightforce. It is also possible to import scopes and other shooting gears except guns from the states. So, it is far from the states but it is close to it in terms of love to guns and hunting :)

My another maral taken in this season.
Distance 650 m.
Equipment:
Browning BAR short track, composite, 308 win.
Hornady A-MAX, 168 gr.
nikon Monarch 2-8x32 BDC
Leica 1600-b
Vortex viper 8x42.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 163
These are my mountains rifles which I use for deer and maral hunting:
- Rem 700 XCR II, 300 WM with new nightforce 2.5-10x32 MOAR which I have recently installed instead of 5.5-22x56. It gave me 300 grams off. The muzzle brake looks ugly with this barrel but works very effective. Before I used another configuration with holes around. It worked effective as well but did not prevent jumping and create a lot of dust.
- Browning Bar Short Track, 308win, Nikon Monarch 2-8x32 BDC I mentioned above.
I love it for backpack hunting. Light (3.7 kg), compact, accurate (submoa out to 300 m.) and reliable as Kalashnikov :rolleyes: if shooting with good ammo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 152
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.