manners composite stock

screech

Has anyone dealt with one of these stocks. I was looking at their MCS Gat and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them.

Totally impressive. Tom Manners is a very good guy to deal with. You cannot go wrong. I met Tom a while back, he is into making the best stock possible. Seen lots of his stocks, they are shooters.

I have one of his stocks ready to ship to Shawn Carlock to build my 338 Edge.I called Tom and placed an order for it,and it arrived about 3 weeks later.He's a great guy to deal with,and he makes a great stock you wont have to wait 5+ months to get.

Hello All,

I tried emailing Tom Manners with a couple of questions at the beginning of the month, but had no reply. No doubt he's busy.

Can anyone enlighten me on the MCS-GAT's fore-end shape. His website says 'beavertail' (which makes me visualise a fat McMillan A5 beavertail shape..(which I don't like!)), Kirby's post gives me the impression that the fore-end is actually quite narrow (which would be more to my personal preference...I would prefer a flat sided fore-end), but it's hard to tell from the pics.

Anyone able to provide the definitive answer...or some fore-end photos?

Thanks!

Matt

Matt

I recieved a MCS-GAT a few months ago, but due to work and home commitments, I haven't really had the time to do anything with it as far as fitting it to the intended rifle goes.

However, the MCS stock is a thinner shape than the A5, it is pretty much flat sided (like AICS) but has a wider than standard (Remington) profile, which is quite comfortable to hold at the forend.

The thumbhole appears larger than the equivalent Macmillan Lazeroni style stock and again is very comfortable to hold.

The stock came finnished vitually straight out of the mould and requires paint, but I specced it that way.

I had two Flush Cups fitted as well as swivels for ease of carry and they come with aluminium pillars already epoxied in place. These require trimming to length as they protrude too much at the moment. I will have to enlarge the bottom metal inlett as well to accomodate a Williams base plate which is slightly larger than stock Remington.

Here are a few photographs

DSC00323.jpg

IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Redmist1/DSC00323.jpg[/IMG]

DSC00324.jpg

IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Redmist1/DSC00329.jpg[/IMG]

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

In my opinion, these stocks are the equal of HS and Macmillan so far as strength and build quality go, they are very favourably priced too. Tom will answer your e-mail and he is very helpfull. My stock for instance had a pound of extra weight added to the butt at no extra cost. The whole order process from payment to delivery took one month!

If you want any more photos let me know and I will post them here of mail them to you direct.

Andy

Andy,

Great answer; thank you very much!

..I take it the side swivels indicate a confirmed biathlon sling user?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll bore you a little more in an email.

Matt

Hopefully I can give a report soon!
My MCS-GAT lightweight should be in hand this week.
Can't wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts