Magnum primers in 25-06?

As far as I know you can use Magnum primers with magnum powders. They are not a direct replacement, you will need to work up your load again.

Have not tryed magnum primers with the 4350 powders but I know magnum primers are prefered by my load of Hunter behind a 117 Sierra.

Yes, I have used the Remington 9.5M with top loads of RL22 in my .25-06 Sendero with excellent accuracy. I worked up loads for the 100gn Ballistic Tip and Triple Shock and got some one-hole groups with both bullets.
I was pushing the Ballistic Tip over the chronograph at 3300+fps but never checked the TSX. Didn't matter at the time though, it was match-grade accurate and no respecter of whitetails.

I have used them in the .22-250Rem and .243Win, also with excellent accuracy.

Give'em a try. Work up your loads, you may be suprised. JohnnyK.

My most accurate 25-06 deer load that I have used for years is with CCI 250 Mag primers. 49 grs IMR 4350, Rem case, CCI 250, 117 Sierra Pro Hunter, 3000 fps. On a calm day they shoot 5 shots average 1 3/4" at 300 yards. If they could well over 100 whitetail deer would attest to their accuracy and lethality. 99.9% drop in their tracks. The powder load came from the Sierra #4 manual as the suggested accuracy load. It is. :D

Thanks for the info guys.

The reason I'm thinking of using mag primers is yes I have them on hand but also I have my load worked up about as high as I want but am looking for a bit more velocity and was curious if it would help.

Interesting replies, I would never have even thought of using mag primers in a 25-06. In fact, I was considering going form mag primers to LR primers in my 300 WSM.

Anyway, I'm getting 3400 fps using 210's with RL17 and 115 BST's out oif a 26" tube.

I use CCI 250 mag primers in my 25-06 loads and in my 308 Win loads also. I don't own any plain large rifle primers.
Tarey

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts