Magnetospeed and a Remington Muzzle Loader

Many shoot through just a chronograph...... BUT... you have to cover the unit face with something in case a sabot hits it. Sabots have completely destroyed uncovered chronographs. Many of them.

So far, I have not found anything that could not be shot in a magneto speed. so It should work well
if you set it for lead bullets instead of jacketed bullets.

For muzzle loaders with sabots, you have to set the pickup a little farther away from the bore just like when testing shotguns. when testing with lead pistol bullets, I did not have any trouble with it reading set well below the bore.

When using a sky screen type chronograph, a blast shield something like jimbries has on his to protect the instrument.

I have even tested arrows using a steel blunt. I mounted the magneto speed on the stabilizer just below the arrow and it worked well. I used it on My Tac 15 cross bow, and verified the listed velocity.
It was within 2 ft/sec of advertised velocity.

It should not be difficult to check a muzzle loader if it is set up correctly.

J E CUSTOM

Thx!
I have both a magnetospeed and Labradar, and have messages into both manufacturers.
I'll report back once I hear from them.
Thank you again!
So far, I have not found anything that could not be shot in a magneto speed. so It should work well
if you set it for lead bullets instead of jacketed bullets.

For muzzle loaders with sabots, you have to set the pickup a little farther away from the bore just like when testing shotguns. when testing with lead pistol bullets, I did not have any trouble with it reading set well below the bore.

When using a sky screen type chronograph, a blast shield something like jimbries has on his to protect the instrument.

I have even tested arrows using a steel blunt. I mounted the magneto speed on the stabilizer just below the arrow and it worked well. I used it on My Tac 15 cross bow, and verified the listed velocity.
It was within 2 ft/sec of advertised velocity.

It should not be difficult to check a muzzle loader if it is set up correctly.

J E CUSTOM

checking in on this, I'd like to read velocity with my encore 209x50 with the Labradar. seems like it should work just like normal, unless the radar registers the sabot instead of the bullet. time will tell......

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.