magneto speed

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by m77mkII, Aug 25, 2013.

1. m77mkII

m77mkII Member

Anybody have this new gadget yet? Uses electro-magnetic flux to get speed of bullet.Thoughts,ideas?Manufacturer claims it doesn't miss because of shade,etc.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

type magneto speed into the search at the top right of the page. Several of us have them and been using them. There is already quite a bit of info on this site.

Jeff

3. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

I have one and like it a LOT. It seems to read consistently and is way easier to set up than the traditional chrony's. Broz (who posted above) did a side-by-side with an Oehler and (if I recall correctly) got good correlation. I can't find the thread off hand but I will post it if I do.

4. Md reloader

Md reloader Well-Known Member

Had mine out today for the first time, works GREAT!!!
    It read every shot and performed as advertised.

5. rinodods

rinodods Well-Known Member

It is awesome. Buy one..Love mine.gun)

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I think Len has them in the LRH store now.

Jeff

7. birddog67

birddog67 Well-Known Member

I purchase one two months ago V2 model . Speeds are accurate when checking against ballistic program IPhone !

You will see POi shifts with it I have seen 3/4 of an ich at 100 .

No bigdeal to me . Great product and not a hassle to set up !

8. tentman

tentman Member

I've had my V1 for about a month and several shooting sessions, I previously had to borrow a conventional chrony so my overall experience is a bit limited.

However I like it a lot - It plain works. Sure you have to change you range practises because of the point of impact thing (its about 1- 2 inches with the rifles I've so far used it with - all lightweight sporters) but once you've gotten sorted - no problem.

Now I shoot my foulers to make sure I have the aim point in the right place, if not I adjust the aiming point (not my scope - remember I'm not a dialler and these are hunting rifles) and fire the strings, typically I'm doing ladder tests or the like.

Once I'm shooting final groups I take the chrony off and if necessary adjust the zero.

Best thing of all - no missed records in the middle of a critical string because the light changes or a sight mis-alignment of the screens.

Foster