mad as h*ll range finding in the snow

talked to a zeiss rep. at the eastern outdoor show and got tot play with the new rangefinder, was easily able to range cars over 1400yds. The rep. said one of his customers tested zeiss with swaro and the zeiss would do everything swaro would but quicker response and laser beam was 3ft wide at 1000yds. I don't know maybe he was trying to sell me one, nice piece though.

Travis

I'll believe it when I experience it myself. But I hope it's true, since the Zeiss is a bit less costly than the Swaro. And the competition may prod Swaro on to a better product.

BTW, I talked to a Zeiss rep at Show Shot in Orlando last month. He didn't lead me to believe their new Zeiss would either match or exceed the Swaro ranging capabilities. But he did lead me to believe the new Zeiss will outrange the Leica LRF.

Well the ball's in Jeff's court at this point in time.

Last edited:
was at the show today and forgot all about the Zeiss RF. dang! was talking with a guy at Huskemaw optics. he said they would be releasing a range finder that would, in his words, usually range 24-2500 yards. couldn't get any more info from him. still in prototype mode.

Buy the Swarovski 8x30 Laser Guided Range Finder. I just bought a pair and they are awesome. The Swaro's is the best Range Finder hands down! I've used Leica's, Bushnells, Leupolds and Nikons Range finders. Niether of these range finders even come close to the Swaro in optics and ranging. The Leica's are very nice and are way better than the Leupolds, Bushnells and Nikons, however, they still don't compare to the Swaro.

I guess Reeper got a good one. He sounds like me the first day with my new Swaro...:) Then the more I used it the love faded. Maybe I will re-kindle the flame. We will see.

Jeff

Broz I am wondering how the test are comeig? I was trying to range 500 to 600 lb first year heifers out back yesterday in bright sunlight with my Lieca 1200. I was very dissappointed. If I can not range a cow how is it going to work on a coyote or deer? It was only 300 to 500 yards that I was trying to range.

Broz I am wondering how the test are comeig? I was trying to range 500 to 600 lb first year heifers out back yesterday in bright sunlight with my Lieca 1200. I was very dissappointed. If I can not range a cow how is it going to work on a coyote or deer? It was only 300 to 500 yards that I was trying to range.

Which Leica????????? CRF 1200 or LRF 1200 ????

I just got word from Swaro. My Swaro Laserguide 8x30 had to go all the way back to Austria. They estimated 8 to 10 weeks :rolleyes: So needless to say it will be a while. I want all 3 together on bipods ranging the same game at the same time. I am going to see for my self which one is the hot dog in this price range (under $1000)

BROZ,

I have read more than once, that swaro, because they don't do the fixing here, they just send you a new one if the item is under warranty and needs fixing. I guess that's not true anymore or never was ah?

Eaglet, Guess not. This unit was much less than a year old. I will say the process for return has been easy and pleasant. Very professional staff with e-mail updates when received. I sent in my 8x30 bino's that took a dump too. They did tell me they did the bino repair here and if the rangefinder needed anything major it would go back to Austria.

Guys, I truely don't care which one is best, and the "best" may vary between users due to the variations in the way one uses them. I will simply post all results and let you guys decide what works best for you.

I can tell you this though, this is not the first and only 8x30 Laserguide I have been around and used. And as you can see, I am not one of the internet "what ever is in my bag or my uncles brother son wife uses is best" guys. :D:D

Jeff

Cant wait Jeff sent back my Bushnell 1500 elite . Waiting to see how things go on your end before I look at buying another one . SO HURRY UP :)

Just heard today that there well be no Bushnell elite 1500 with arc available next year as the us army is taking them all for there troops . True yes no

Which Leica????????? CRF 1200 or LRF 1200 ????

I just got word from Swaro. My Swaro Laserguide 8x30 had to go all the way back to Austria. They estimated 8 to 10 weeks :rolleyes: So needless to say it will be a while. I want all 3 together on bipods ranging the same game at the same time. I am going to see for my self which one is the hot dog in this price range (under $1000)
I had to go dig up the box it came in because I did not know. It says 1200 CRF-Y. I can not wait for your test because what I have is not going too work.

I had to go dig up the box it came in because I did not know. It says 1200 CRF-Y. I can not wait for your test because what I have is not going too work.

So it is the new little one that will fit in your shirt pocket? Wow, did you see the earlier post about the sight being off on some? That would be a good thing to check on all of them. Maybe we can get to the bottom of all this but it seems that all brands are putting out duds. Sure would be nice to get to the bottom of some of these questions. Could it be that the QC on all these is that bad??

Jeff

I just got word from Swaro. My Swaro Laserguide 8x30 had to go all the way back to Austria. They estimated 8 to 10 weeks :rolleyes:

Not very encouraging customer warranty service from Swaro. Do they expect us to buy two of their units to keep one functional? Hunting seasons don't stop for 10 weeks when their LRF craps out. I'd like to have heard that they sent a replacement out.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.