M700 lss mods

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by grpolarbear, Mar 10, 2009.

1. grpolarbear

grpolarbear Active Member

I just picked up a m700 lss in 300wm and was pondering where to start as far as the most beneficial mods would be.This is my first m700 so I would like to know what has produced positive results for some of you remington shooters.Thanks in advance for the info.

2. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

Pillars, bedding, free float the barrel, and adjust the trigger.

I had all of this done prior to pulling the trigger for the first time.

My buddy Eaglet did all the work for me.

3. grpolarbear

grpolarbear Active Member

Thanks Geargrinder,sounds good.

4. locotrician

locotrician Banned

i agree with geargrinder and i also have an LSS i did the same lapped the lugs pillar bedded the action, opened up the barrel channel and worked the trigger, went from a 2 inch group at a hundred to half an inch and spent less than a 80 bucks.

5. Supertrucker

Supertrucker Well-Known Member

Best advice? Shoot it as is and see what it needs. I've had rifles that shot lights out right out of the box minus a trigger tweak.

6. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Yah, I had the same rifle in a 300 RUM that was ridiculously accurate for an out of the box rifle with nothing more then a trigger job. NO bedding, NO floating, NO lugs lapped, NO truing of the action. Just a trigger job, and some hand loads it liked, and it was a 1/2-3/4 MOA rifle out to 800 yards, and would ring a 15" gong at 1K very regularly.

Most rems will shoot at least 1 MOA with trigger job and fed what it likes, most will usually do much better then that.

If trigger job and reloads dont cut it, then maybe you can free float and bed it. If that dont work, your bout out of options. At least you'll have a decent action to screw on a custom barrel though!!