M3 adjustments?

Guy M

Anyone here using a Leupold with the M3 adjustments?

How's that working out for your hunting purposes? Am particularly interested in shooting deer to say 600 - 800 yards with a .308 or .300 WSM. Have always used 1/4 MOA click adjustable scopes for my precision rifles - but have wondered about the M3, with the 1 MOA elevation and 1/2 MOA windage adjustments...

Would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who has used that setup for hunting. Pros and cons.

Regards, Guy

I've got one on an AR and love it. It is what it is though. It works great as the AR is just a 500 yd gun anyway. For your purposes I'd go w/the .25 MOA adj. Those longer shots just require a little more precision than this scope can offer.

Mark 4, M3 10X

I have a Mark 4 M3 10x on a Stoner Sr-25 Match and I have it set from 100 to 1000 yards. It works great. I you have any questions, email me. I also have Mark 4 3.5x10 LR/T on a Rem 700 7mm Rem mag. (douglas mag sporter 26 in bbl) and it's set from 200 to about 1350 yards.

Last edited:
Guy they work fine. Anyone that says otherwise hasn't used them. The absolute max error if, everything worked against you, on a 1 minute turret would be 4 inches at 800yds. Since you can dial in between clicks, it's a 2 inch MAX error at 800yds. I'll even slay the sacred cow and say I run the BDC too!!!

If I could get the M3, and M2 turrets installed on the fixed 6's, thats ALL I would run on the hunting guns. 'Course 6x ain't enough to kill anything with either... Give or take.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.