• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED M1 Garand

scope-eye

Hi I have a Springfield Armory M1 Garand for sale the barrel was replaced at one point It shoots great It has a few bumps a bruses not much I am selling it to buy an Ebike. $2000 plus shipping comes with 12 enblocks.
IMG_0429 (1).jpg
IMG_0430 (1).jpg
IMG_0431 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I am going to bring this to the top one time and then pull they ad after a few days.
I bought this gun off of a friend of mine who is no longer with me, I am approching 60
and I can't believe how many friends, colleague, and acquaintances I am loosing not to
mention family memebers. So maybe it is a blessing in disguise if it does not sell.

Time marches on

Dean

Last edited:
You'll regret selling that, unless you have another in the safe. I have one, just a cmp mixed parts rifle, but it shoots well and is fun to shoot. American classic and represents a time when our boys had a rifle that was head and shoulders above the rest of the world's armies.

I have one my grand father brought home from the beach of Okinawa. My wife is Japanese and a huge history buff. Before he died he gave me the M1 and gave her an 8mm Japanese rifle he brought back from there also. It's astonishing looking at them side by side. the Japanese rifle is a bolt action blind magazine. The mfg is so crude they didn't even waste any time polishing out the lathe marks from the steel. It has the emperor's seal stamped into the action on top right over the chamber. The stock is just as rough and the sights are equally rough but the barrel looks chrome lined and is nice and shiny.
\ The technology difference between the 2 is amazing and leaves no doubt that it was a total mismatch.

A lot of shooters and most of the population are not aware of this, but that rifle was designed
by a Canadian man who just gave the patent to the US as his contribution to the war. They often talked about making some sort of monument in his honor in Washington DC near they other memorials, but it has never materialised which is a shame if you ask me.

Dean

Last edited:
Scope-eye. You and I have been in the same boat. A friend with health issues needed money of medicine and insisted to sell me his match grade M1 Garand. Heck, I am so old that to use it for competative shooting (oh, my shoulder) would result in me having to be operated on. SO! I donated it through M1s for Vets program in 2009. Here are a couple of pics. My spouse loved meeting all these young Marine snipers. Had to tear her away..how do you spell couger? LOLDSC01097.JPGDSC01095c.JPG

Cougar ----pronounced Koo-gar

Meaning #1 a large American wild cat with a plain tawny to grayish coat, found from Canada to Patagonia.

Meaning#2 An older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.

Always glad to help my fellow shooter.

Dean

PS: I already help a friend out not to long ago, it cost me my Barrett 50 cal I never looked back.

Last edited:
One last time Will take trades if it is something I can sell, No custom guns or rifles or one offs or AR15s

Dean

I don't know the E-bike you want to buy, but I recently bought one from Rad bikes for $1100. It is quite nice and will perform as well as one that is much more expensive. This might make it possible for you to have both.

The one I ordered is a custom build and has a rear wheel motor as well as a front one and two battery packs and I can use that set up three different ways.
1 Power for the Hills
2 Speed almost 40 mph
3 Range 50 miles plus
Plus a Bonus "Reliability" I can use the front or the rear motors independently if one fails deep in the woods. Plus custom front and rear racks to carry provisions and armorment.

I tell you I am done with public ranges.

Dean

Last edited: