M.O.A. vs E. A. Brown BF

surgicalshot

I have been shooting T/C's for about 30 years. I am thinking of broadening my scope, (pun intended). Does anyone have any experience with the MOA and the BF? Are these that much better then the T/C Encore?? Is the extra expense over the T/C worth it? I was informed the BF can NOT easily interchange barrels and the MOA has to have each barrel custom fit. The easy answer would be for me just to order both, but I would need to find a third job for my wife....

Give me your thoughts....

Thanks!

The MOA is stronger and can handle higher pressure rounds than the BF can.
One MOA I used this past June at the MOA LR pistol competition, a 15" 6.5-284 shot a 5-shot group at 1000 yards that measured 5.25 inches.
With a different MOA, I have shot 3-shot groups off of a bi-pod that measured in the 1.5" range at 500 yards off of a Harris bi-pod.
In load development all of my MOA's have shot groups around 1/4" to smaller in load development (Usually 3 or 4-shot groups).
For me, it is the MOA hands down.
MOA Corporation Homepage
I have never seen a BF at the shoot. Come join us this year.
MOA Annual "Cold Turkey" Handgun Match

I personally think the M.O.A. is the better of the two guns (MOA vs BF).

I don't have experience with either, but have read a lot pertaining to the two.

Ernie's experience with the MOA is exactly why I prefer the MOA. Someday, I'll have an MOA.....

Regards,

Rog

+1 for the MOA's. Bigger, stronger, more cartridge choice options, and once the barrels are fitted from the factory YOU can easily change out in less than 5 minutes.

I do not own or have shot a BF. Ever since the Encore was introduced, I have owned several and hunted with them considerably. I have an MOA also and my personal opinion is they are worth the extra money over the Encore. Today, I find myself hunting more with the MOA. As much as I have been around handguns and handgun hunting; I've never seen a BF.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I have a .223 for varmints and a .308 Winchester for hunting. I've taken two of the biggest whitetail of my life recently, a once-in-a-lifetime (for me) bighorn sheep, three bobcats, plus some other stuff all in the last few years with the MOA. My .308 Win. barrel is a heavy bull--with Holland brake; extremely accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

I forgot to mention the chamberings I have-Sorry:
6mm-6.5x47 (2), Lapua, 6.5x47 Lapua (2), 6.5-284 (2), and 7mm Rem Mag Improved.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.