Lynx or Leupold?

skip AI

Just wondering wich of the two you would prefer most?
I currently have a Lynx 6.5-25X50 NATO on my .25-06AI and have been thinking of upgrading to a Leupold 8.5-25X50 LRT but I dont know how much of a difference there is between the two!
I have used both and think it wont be worth the extra money to go a leupold, what do you think?
Is any of the two better than the other? quality wise? clarity wise?

TIA

skip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Skip,
Cant do you a comparison and actually have'nt even heard of Lynx scopes, but i have a Leupold 8.5-25x50 LRT with M1 turrets and its the dogs bolloks, i also have a 6.5-20x50 VX111 LRT with the Varmint/Hunter reticle, which is superb. i would'nt swap my Leupolds for anything, go for it mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian.

Skip,
I studied the Lynx site with great interest and was very impressed, an excellent range of scopes.You've put me in my place as regards an upgrade, from the specs they offer much the same as Leupold and look very similar. The Nato range finding reticle, which i presume is what you are using, is an interesting alternative to mil-dot.

I would love to have a look through one, but i might be wrong here when i say that Britain still has trade restrictions with South Africa, so that could be why i have probably not heard of these scopes.

Is there a noticeable difference in the optics of the Leupold to warrant an upgrade or not?

I used to have a 36x45 target scope made by Pecar of Berlin, it had a steel tube and excellent optics. I sold this and bought a 36x40 Leupold when my HV bench gun would not make the 13 1/2lb weight limit and i can honestly say, that if there was any difference in the optics i could not see it.
Apart the obvious quality, the Leupold with tall or M1 turrets and the side focus just looks SOOOOO SEEEXY!

Ian.

Well I used the Leupold back in October last year on a pig shoot and have used it several times at night it was mounted on a SAKO 75 Varmint s/s laminated, as far as I can remember the clarity is not that different but as you say Leupold have a side focus and M1 turrets which I also think is a good feature.
The Leupold that was on the SAKO was sold and is now replaced by a KAHLES 8X56, for spotlighting purposes.
Yes the nato reticle is cool but I cant seem to work it out, on the LYNX website you can download a manual on how to use it.

Thanks

skip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.