Lyman1500xp

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by 1tonpower, Dec 24, 2013.

1. 1tonpower

1tonpower Well-Known Member

The scale is only about a year old. Since it was new i have had this problem. Every time I weigh a charge and dump it and put the pan back on th scale it says -4 tenth. I have been weighing each charge 3 or 4 times. I weigh the charge to what I want, dump it back on the spoon, put the pan back on the scale, zero it again. Then dump the same charge back on the pan. I will repeat and adjust until the scale can duplicate the same numbers.

This is a PITA. What your take on this. Did I just get a back scale or are Lyman's junk

2. cummin_un_glued

cummin_un_glued Well-Known Member

mine will do the exact same thing once out of about every 20 rounds. getting real tired of it also. I think its time for me to start looking for a different scale.

3. 1tonpower

Thank for the response... Two of these issue is enough for me.. I'll start looking for an up grade

4. g0rd0

g0rd0 Well-Known Member

I have used the rcbs charge master and the hornady auto charge and I find them both to be slow and noisy. So, after thanking my buddys who own these machines I am happy with my method. Size, clean, trim, then prime then useing my perfect powder measure charge the cases place them in a loading block then before I seat the bullets dump each load on my 505 scale and if need be use my trickler to adjust the charge. I find this to work for me just fine and all of my charges are spot on

5. cummin_un_glued

mine is also always .4 off so I wonder whats up with that particular error amount?

6. 1tonpower

I've even tried recalibraing it with they supplied wieght... I wonder if it's worth calling Lyman about this

7. cummin_un_glued

I have to recalibrate mine every few rounds. last night I loaded 10 rounds and it did the .4 error once.

8. lloydsmale

lloydsmale Well-Known Member

the end of the charge tube is threaded. Look and see if theres an insert screwed into the end of it. Mine as acting up and i got ahold of lyman and they sent me a little plug that screws in the end that kind of chokes down the hole some and cured it in mine.