Lyman Xpress Case Trimmer

Jud96

For years I trimmed brass with either Lee hand trimmers or a Forster case trimmer. Those products both worked but were time consuming and could really wear out the fingers if trimming a lot of brass. I recently bought a Lyman Case Trim Xpress and this thing is amazing. It's easily one of the best reloading tools I've ever bought. I can trim 50 pieces of brass in about 5 minutes and not have any sore fingers when I'm done haha. It's very easy to use and setup and comes with many bushing for most every common cartridge. I highly recommend checking this trimmer out if you're wanting to upgrade or looking into one. The price is really good for what it is and it's much more affordable than some of the other powered case trimmers.
A1D7D4E1-62EE-433D-8100-775207850578.jpeg

Recently got a Frankford Arsenal premium brass trimmer/prep tool that is easy to use and works darn good so far. It has 3 rotating sockets that will thread any of the case prep tools such as primer pocket cleaner, chamfering tools or brushes to finish the case before you set it down. Has bushings for different size cases as well but so far I've trimmed Creedmoor, 308 and both 6.5 284 and 284 with just a slight twist to tighten case holder and a slight twist to adjust trim length.
Only trimmed a few hundred cases so far but works much easier and faster than my old hand turned trimmer and hand prep tools.

I think if a lot more people try this Lyman Xpress trimmer, the older styles will become obsolete. It's that good but a lot of folks don't even know this Xpress trimmer exists.

I think if a lot more people try this Lyman Xpress trimmer, the older styles will become obsolete. It's that good but a lot of folks don't even know this Xpress trimmer exists.
This is the honest truth. I was a die hard Forster case trimmer guy. Well a buddy told me about the Lyman Xpress trimmer and said it was one of the best reloading tools he has ever bought and he has some nice stuff! So I bought one just to try it for myself and it really is one of the best things I've bought too! It's no joke. The nice thing is it's fast, repeatable, covers basically every cartridge, and they're $150 not $500. This is the only trimmer I recommend anymore. I've never used a Henderson or Giraud, but I don't see them being worth the extra cost for 90% of reloaders.

Perfect timing for this thread for me, I was looking to buy a Trimmer this weekend as I misplaced both my Lyman hand crank and my Little Crow and while my Frankford Arsenal is ok for bulk 5.56 and 300 blackout, it's a pain to change calibers and it's a bit on the flimsy side with its plastic collets and bushings. So I found one of these in stock at Midway on sale (?) $119 and picked it up. Already received my shipping notification last night. Now need to find a bushing for 300 PRC and 338 Lapua, it seems like it comes with all the others I would need.