Lyman or RCBS case prep center?

dig

In the market to speed up my process with a case prep center, I know the RCBS has been tried and true but the Lyman looks a bit more convenient. Any experience with the Lyman or other suggestions? Like the vertical layout of the Hornady but dont like the trimmer (unless someone knows otherwise). Thanks for the responses

Went with the Lyman, coul not be more happy. Catches the mess, more station, came with everything.

i have the lyman and it works great. it is a little loud but not uncomfortable by any means and you have to be careful not to debur or chamfer too much because it does it so quickly

I have the Lyman as well and mine is quieter than my buddies RCBS prep center. I really like the Lyman one but both will get the job done. It has way more work space than the RCBS does. Only thing that would stop me from getting the Lyman is if I had limited work space. It is a bit larger than the RCBS.

I have RCBS and love it. If you go with the RCBS I recommend getting the carbide chamfer tool as the one it comes with sucks. The Hornady one looks intriguing and seems to be a good concept, but have heard the trimmer is crap. RCBS is coming out with a similar concept as well. If it works I'll seriously consider one. Trimming, chamfer/deburring and primer pocket care are a big PIA! lol.

I have the RCBS and love it. I can't speak to the Lyman since I have never used one but couldn't do without my RCBS! +1 on the carbide OD chamfer tool, it's awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.