Lurker from UT

morcey2

Hello,
I've been lurking for quite a while and decided to finally actually register. I'm not what you'd call a serious long-range hunter at this point, but I'm a pretty good shot. Especially when I remember to lay off the caffeine before shooting for groups. :)

I'm an NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle, Shotgun, and Muzzleloading Rifle along with being an RSO and CRSO.

I'm an avid rifle collector, especially WWI and WWII rifles. I own a bunch of mosins, quite a few mausers, and a 1903 that I rescued from a pawn shop and re-stocked.

My main hunting rifles are all either sporterized military rifles or customs built on military receivers. They include an 8x57 spanish mauser, 7x57 mex mauser, 30-06 custom rifle built on a 1903 receiver, and a 257 roberts that I'm almost done building built on a yugo captured K98k receiver. I also have a bubbafied 1909 argentine that I'm going to build into a 6mm Remington. Then I'll just need the 9x57 (kinda rare) and a 9.3x57 (a little less rare) and I'd have the full range of 57mm length case cartridges. The 22-6mm (5.56x57) is just a bit on the silly side though.

I'm trying to find a good donor savage 110/Stevens 200 on which to build a 6.5-06.

I'm also building an AR. I picked up the lower and lower kit in early December of last year. I'm finally to the point that I can find an upper. It was going to be primarily a coyote and jack rabbit rifle, but that may change.

I also build vacuum tube guitar amps when I get the time. :) A Plexi w/ 6V6 power tubes is awesome!

If you haven't noticed, I'm very much a DIY type of guy.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.