Lunarlope Reservations Available

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Buffalobob, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

With myself being gainfully unemployed (often times referred to as retired) I have come to the sudden realization that 30 years of working for the gov’t didn’t make me rich. Now then, having lots of time on my hands I have decided it is time to get rich quick. After some investigation, I have concluded that what we all need is some new hunting grounds and species to hunt. The only place available that is not already booked solid is the moon. Private passenger space travel is becoming more and more possible everyday but there is the problem with no lunar critters to hunt. This seemed a major setback to my plans of wealth, but after some concentration on the various approaches to the problem and discarding gene splicing, cloning and other emerging technologies I finally came up with a solution. All hunting would be longrange and being as there is very little gravity on the moon bullet drop would be minimal and with no atmosphere there would be no drag to slow the bullets down so it would be feasible to shoot animals at a range of up to 10 miles or so. At those ranges no ethical hunter would want to shoot at a moving animal so all the target animals would need to be very still. Problem solved.

So for a base price of $1.2 Billion I will provide transportation to the moon, guaranteed trophy animals and guide service. Here is a selection of the animals available:

First is the Gallileoian giraffe
    Second is the lunarlope
    Third is Meteornmule deer
    Fourth is Crater buffalo

Fore those of you who are not steady enough in the off hand position to shoot 10 miles I will have a lightweight portable shooting table available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gonehuntingagain

gonehuntingagain Well-Known Member

You have WAY too much time on your hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

you just gotta find gainful emploment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Have you checked into a good psychiatrist? I think maybe you should /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

5. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

ahhaha, thanks for the laugh...good stuff.

I'll take a trip for 2, I'll pay you when I get back.

6. RBrowning

RBrowning Well-Known Member

"working for the gov’t" ... I think I found the source of the problem here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Geewhiz Jim ,

Get a grip willya ? We've got to go lope hunting in Wyo this fall. Roy is into all that fluid technology surely he can get you on as a consultant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well that was a fun way to start the day , waking up to find that your future hunting partner is going stir crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the serious side ,how about a closer look at those joints on that table , where did you get them off a folding camp chair ?

Jim B

8. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

The real problem is that I have a leaky faucet that is driving me crazy and it was more fun taking stupid pictures than tryng to cure a 60 year old faucet. Of course when my wife got home from work she wanted to know why the faucet was still leaking. Being partially deaf comes in handy every once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What I needed was a light shooting platform that could be packed in for a day trip and back out in the evening with all of my other gear. Shooting from prone with a bipod is usually not feasible here in the east. Having tried to work up a tripod that was steady enough for 1K ranges I found they were just too heavy. After drafting up several different designs and looking at weight issues, I happened upon a Coleman “high stand” for about $30 and it is rated for 100 pounds of weight. It is 28 inches tall and is used from a sitting position. The stand by itself is a little rickety so when putting the top together I installed the hooks so they would keep everything under tension and fully locked. I epoxied a small piece of 2X4 onto the ¼ plywood and then epoxied in a threaded rod coupler into the 2X4. This allows one to attach a front rest onto a threaded rod and adjust the height of the front rest to shoot uphill at pretty extreme angles. The front rest platform is an old hose hanger that is all aluminum and was lying in a corner of the lawn mower shed. It bolts onto the top of the threaded rod. I haven’t quite finished trimming it down to the minimum size but the aluminum doesn’t weigh anything.

A couple of poly pellet bean bags are needed which also weigh nothing. I think I am fixing to learn how to run a sewing machine.

I have not yet located a good “free” carrying bag for it to fit into (REI has plenty but they want some money for them). At the current time it weighs just under 7 pounds. I am considering a fixture for a spotting scope and/or range finder but haven’t figured out how to do that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Today I gutted a bear , skunk , black and tan dog , and a fawn . All the innards were used for the same project . So, what am I doing ?

Jim B.

10. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

You have been picking up my bad habits and raiding your wife's collection of beanie babies. Look at the belly up raccoon under the pistol grip. My wife doesn't usually raise her voice much when she is mad but that really lite her fuse.

This is a failed experiment that lead to the desire for a table

[​IMG]

11. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Also notice the really extreme up hill angle. No way a bipod will work.

12. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Give the man a seegar !!

You have just won your choice of a ss rem takeoff bbl in 300 winnie or a sako/browning takeoff bbl in .243 . Either one was said to be a still viable bble by the smiths that took them off.

And no ! I would never stoop so low as to steal my wifes precious belongings . [image]http://[​IMG][/image]

I just bought my wife a new eelektronik sewing machine . Using it is closely akin to flying a Hawker Harrier . I've no doubt she could do so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What size should these reincarnated beanie babies be ? I got mine from a garage sale and I have abot 50 of them for 2 dollars . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim B.