• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED LTB- barrel, savage

Olio Tutto

i'm interested in a 6 BR 'factory' Savage ss barrel, with large shank target , 8 twist, 26"

thanks, :)

I don't know if this will help but mcgowenoutlet.com has savage barrels in stock they have 28" and 30" 6br bull barrels with 1-8" twist for $319

Timnterra..
thanks.. i see they list one
will call on mon. for more info

factory still 1st choice

Try Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply. He's out of Minnesota and often has ALOT of factory Savage barrels. He is a class act and one hell of a great guy! I've bought barrels from him before and he always seems to have what I am looking for.

thanks...
just sent Dennis at McGowen an E-
i will look into Northen also

any pro's an con's on either of them ... looking to get into a match an would like the best accuracy.. 'ha ha'.. if possible

Thanks Gents

McGowen only makes one grade of barrel "match grade". Every barrel is hand lapped for the price you would pay for an unfinished blank and there is no wait time! I don't have any experience with northland mainly because I have never been wble to get ahold of Jim he is a very busy guy.

Jim at Northland will help you figure out the caliber, twist, match chamber or standard chamber depending on what your going to do with the rifle. Very Helpful! Ordered a barrel a while back from Jim and waiting for shipment.

Fred at Sharp shooters supply is also very helpful if and when you can talk with them. They are super busy right now. I have three barrels from SSS and one trued action. No problems. 2 Douglas and 1 Brux.gun)

ER Shaw is behind I here like everyone else. I bought a 22-250 AI from them some years ago and its been a great barrel.

Factory Savage barrels are mostly good. You just have to try them and see what they like.

just got a hold of Dennis at McGowen in Al., he did a search an got me one i was looking for ... though not a Savage but didn't seem like i'd ever find one, S o...:rolleyes:.

thanks guys... maybe this one will be a winner