LRH surfing with a view ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FEENIX, Jun 12, 2010.

1. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have this wonderful view of the sunset at Turtle Bay Resort ( http://www.turtlebayresort.com/ ) from our cottage while I savor my Kona Coffee as the rest of my family are asleep. We spent 8 fun-filled days of family R&R in the island paradise.

Now we are back to our humble abode ... a different kind of of paradise in the Big Sky Country we simply call "HOME". :)

Ed

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. Wow, what a view. That can't be too hard to take. :)

Suggestion: Get some shooting in. That table looks like one hell of a rest. Get some balloons, some fishing line and some heavy washers or nuts and take a kayak or canoe out there and set some targets at different distances and blast away! :D gun)

3. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I was not able to fish or shoot/hunt while I was over there. We spent most of our time at my nieces' home but none of them or her in-laws shoot or fish. I met a guy that just harvested a wild pig with a spear.

You cannot see from the picture but there are a few guys surf fishing on the left. I saw them reel in a couple of eels but they threw it back.

Ed

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Awesome view, balmy breeze, kona coffee, LRH forum...Life doesn't get much better than that unless of coarse they allow fish shooting:).

5. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

I sure miss Hawaii. I use to live on Maui and Lanai. I even got married on Waukiki beach a couple years ago.

I envy you right now. Chuck.

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoy our family vacation, I don't know if I can live there ... at least for now anyways.

7. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Feenix, just curious is there any hunting to speak of in Hawaii or any decent ranges?

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Very cool!

9. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Sorry, I tried to get info from my non-hunting relatives in Hawaii but to no avail. :rolleyes::D:)

What I am told, it depends on which island you hunt. In Oahu, most hunters settle for wild pigs.

My nephew-in-law said the big island and Molokai have other wild games. From what I have seen on some guides/outfitters testimonials and pictures online, some of the terrain offers LR ranges.

Good luck!

Ed

10. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding.