LRF Comparisons, etc......

royinidaho

2 things.

1) Its very difficult to explain accurately the intent/goal of a post as evidenced by my thread Pink Slip thing

Hell, I can't get what's in my head to come out of my mouth let alone come out of my fingers......

2) There are some darn nice people hanging out on LRH.

I received a call from one of those darn nice people the other day. He was a concerned that his post had got a bit under my skin, which was not the case.

He went the extra mile to find my cell phone number.

Via phone we were able to communicate more clearly. He offered to send his unit to me for side by side testing but would have lost some hunting time. I suggested that I'd send him my unit. (I guess we are both trusting souls.) However, by the end of the conversation exchanges were unnecessary.

He was able to say, after we both discussed performance under our different but similar conditions, in a way that most likely been taken incorectly via the written thread, that there was no need to ship units either way as his unit would definitely out range mine. I agreed. (No he wouldn't trade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Both units have their pros and cons, while mine has better optics and internal readout, his will definitely range further/farther.

It looks like its up to us, individually, to determine our needs and which LRF or any other equipment best suits our personal needs. With all of the options out there it sure does help to share actual hands-on experiences, truthfully.

Thanks for the call pred, I really appreciated your honesty and straight shootin, so to speak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

No Problem Roy, It was good to talk to you. I agree totally about trying to type what's in your head, seems like it just can't be done. I would like to say thanks to Roy for telling me about checking rangefinders for accuracy with a GPS unit. I never thought about that.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts