LR Archery pics / new member

I am a new member and thought I would include in my first post some pics from last years success. I am just getting into LR rifle hunting/shooting in preperation for spring bear. I do most of my hunting with a bow, but I am getting addicted to this LR rifle thing (no LR rifle kills yet, but I have some good bear spots picked out).

I shot this mulie in Sept 06 in Eastern Oregon. My first shot was in low light, I miffed the shot and hit liver at 15 yrds. My second shot was at 61 yrds but I could see better and pinwheeled the heart. The first photo is showing the exit wounds.

hunting_06_001-resized.jpg

hunting_06_011-resized.jpg

That liver shot would have done him in for sure but its great you let a little more air out of him with the second shot . Good shooting and

Welcome !!

Jim Brown

Nice buck! I put two in one a couple years back. I made a good shot at twenty. The buck jumped and ran to fifty five. I figured he was done, but thought, why not? He went about ten more feet.

Nice!!

Had the exact opposite happen to me about 15yrs ago. Shot a WT doe at 47yds. Perfect heart shot...watch the arrow drop right into the boiler room. She takes off like a scalded cat...right at me!! At 10yds she turned broadside and I zinged her again...through the heart!! Took three more steps and fell over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.