Lowa Tibet GTX boot sizing ???'sss

dzlfarmboy

Ok so I'm looking to pull the trigger on pair of quality backpacking boots for the first time and there's no where local to try these boots on so I'm just looking for some input from guys that have some experience in these type boots so I can hopefully order the correct size on the first try.

I'm usually a 10/10.5 in most of the boots I wear and I just got my foot measured at a store just out of a curiosity and It showed to measure 9.5 and a E width standing on the scale with socks on.

So on Lowas site they state to order 1/2 size bigger then your normal size as their sizes are very true, just wonder if I'm gonna need the standard width or their wider version and weather or not to get a 10.5 or not.

If anyone has had some first hand experience with my current situation I'd love to hear your input.

Thanks Brett

I usually use 13 wide or EE. I got them first in a regular width and didn't like the fit, got the 13 wide, which I think they just call wide. They fit fine.

So, in my experience they are true to size.

They run a bit small. You would be well advised to get a 1/2 size larger than your usual boot size. I usually wear a size 11.5 ... if I had worn a size 12 I could have saved myself a couple or toe nails - other wise I was satisfied with their performance for my Tur hunt.

Just a follow up after spending miles in the backcountry of Colorado with serious loads, I have zero complaints with these boots they gave me great ankle support, kept my feet dry and are very comfortable. The lacing system on them is excellent as well. Pretty expensive but def a very high quality boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.